Thursday 7 May 2009

Oh, you silly thing

10. Happy House - Siouxsie and the Banshees

9. Good Weekend – Art Brut

8. Disco 2000 – Pulp

7. Amy, Amy, Amy - Amy Winehouse
Because my friend Georgie sings it to me as a greeting when I answer the phone/walk into a room.

6. Blue or gray – Jaymay
Just because I think it's cute and reminds me of The Moldy Peaches.

5. My way – Sid Vicious
Literally just an album of Sid going wild on drugs changing the lyrics to songs and covering others in an attempt to keep his fame and make Johnny Rotten angry.
As bad as that sounds, I actually like this album. Sort of.

4. Boys don't cry - The Cure

3. Silly Thing - The Sex Pistols
The fact that Paul Cook sang lead vocals on this song and it's easily one of the best proves that Johnny Rotten shouldn't have even been in the band. He wasn't the most charismatic member of the band and certainly not the most talented. Plus the songs he actually sang are ridiculously over-played.

2. Womanizer - Ladyhawke's cover
Because it's better than Britney's version?

1. Baby, hold me tight - Kitty, Daisy and Lewis
Three siblings from North London who recorded their first album in their living room/home made studio made up entirely equiptment from the 40's and 50's and set up by Lewis, swap between instruments and vocals during their sets and dress in rockabilly clothing.
Whats not to like?

1 comment:

  1. there's only one'my way' and thats old blue eyes' way, frank would be flipping over in his grave if he saw that

    ReplyDelete