Thursday 14 May 2009

Straighten up your tie, take the microphone.

5. Crying blood - VV Brown
A straight A student, A Select model and a ridiculously talented vocalist, there's literally nothing bad about her. I love her hair roll, how shes inspired by Ella Fitzgerald and Aretha Franklin and the fact that shes about to open a vintage store. (http://www.vvvintage.com/)
This song is awesome.

4. Shake, Shake - The Coathangers
Like Riot Grrrl only more modern.

3. Last thing on your mind - Lights
A strange girl from Toronto who has an obsession with superheros and headbands.
She won best new artist at the 2009 Juno awards, and is well worth listening to.

2. In for the Kill - La Roux
It's weird, as much as I actually like this song, it always puts me in a melancholy mood ...

1. Tigerlily - La Roux
She actually deserves to be number 1 & 2, she's my current favourite, and this is my favourite song by her. I especially like the Spotify Live Session.


I'm too un-inspired and busy with too much college work to think of ten songs this week.
Maybe next week i'll do 15, probably not though. x

1 comment:

  1. i like your enthusiasm i might do 15 next week but probably not lol love it !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete