Thursday 2 April 2009

It's your eyes that make me smile


10. Not Now – Blink 182
I know it’s not the most ‘fun’ song they’ve ever wrote but its one of my favourite songs ever. I’m too excited about the blink 182 reunion so I’ve been listening to them all week.

9. Bittersweet – Sick of Sarah
I actually first heard about this band when I was looking at something about Bikini Kill, and while the person who had reviewed they’re album had no clue comparing the two bands, I actually should thank them because I found a new band that I reckon are pretty cool, so thanks man.

8. Fast as you can – Fiona Apple
When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks like a King …
This is my favourite song by Fiona Apple, it’s so good but I can’t even explain why.
Just listen to it; you’ll get what I mean.


7. Speak slow – Tegan and Sara
So Jealous
I love everything about them, they’re lyrics always make me laugh and they’re harmonies are lovely. Plus I like the video to this song.

6. Sixteen – No Doubt
Tragic Kingdom

I love this song, except for the strange speaking parts which are actually just creepy. Other than that it’s got a pretty sweet guitar solo and Gwen’s vocals are probably best on this song than any others. In fact the whole Tragic Kingdom album is worth listening to. Why couldn’t Gwen Stefani just leave the Harajuku girls alone and keep making music like this.

5. Hey you Hey Man – Juliette and the Licks
You’re speaking my language (B-side)

Juliette and the Licks were the first band I ever saw live and they were incredible! I usually hate it when actors try to launch music careers, (Scarlett Johansson: Oh my god.) but it seems there is no end to Juliette’s talent.

4. Oh Yeah – The Subways
Young for Eternity

This song’s been stuck in my head for a week now but it’s not annoying me because it’s so good! I also really like Charlotte Cooper’s voice; she should do more vocal solos. That would be pretty sweet.

3. Bonzo goes to Bitburg – The Ramones
Animal Boy

No one ever seems to have heard this song, but it’s actually the best one they’ve ever wrote! Everyone should listen to it and fully enjoy the beautiful sounds created by such ugly men. ♥!

2. Aneurysm – Nirvana
Incesticide

Words cannot even express how much I love this song! Wrote about Tobi Vail, who is arguably one of my favourite people in musical history, this song is the reason I started listening to Nirvana and it makes me wish I was a teenager in the 90’s so I could of saw Nirvana live so much it actually saddens me.

1. Rebel Girl – Bikini Kill
I think it was obvious this was gonna be on the list. Same as the above it makes me wish I was a teenager in the 90’s so I could run amok and smash stuff up. No I’m joking, that totally demeans the Riot Grrrl scene which is actually one of the reason I wish I was a teenager in the 90’s. Especially because now I feel as though I’m the only feminist left. Sad times. But an amazing song.

2 comments:

  1. amy this would make a tasty playlist you should be the first female memeber of the north easts best dj crew trevor squad you can replace alec

    ReplyDelete